Saturday, October 26, 2013

The Blob (1988)

"Far more deadly than before!" This one says.

Although I've not seen the original 1950's Blob, I have a suspicion that this one might just be scarier than the original. Not saying that I'm certain this one will knock my socks off, but it seemed pretty fitting for a quiet, lazy, snuggly Saturday afternoon - and it might just be a smudge scary.

So without further ado, I'll get The Blob started because I have a lot of make-up work to do for my costume tonight (Amelia Earhart, post-crash).


See you after the show!

Update:

Oh what fun what fun what fun!

This monster is cheeky, gross, fast, and full entertainment. I was quite surprised by the film, actually. I was surprised by the turn-of-events, the destruction, and the dynamics of everyone involved.

It's a hair scary, but more startling and a little tongue-in-cheek (just enough) to make the effects that much more shocking. This is a great film for the whole (teen-years and up, especially) horror loving family.

Corrie, I think you'd like this one. Happy Birthday!

Suggested pairing: taffy, lots of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment