Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Cooties (2014)

October Challenge: Day 4

I've been wanting to see Cooties since 2014. Why Has It Taken Me So Long!?


Too many movies. So little time. Even for a school yard full of zombie children.

Speaking of so little time - it took us (non-horror fan husband and I) to agree on a film tonight, so I suspect the rest of my review won't show up until tomorrow.

Stay tuned for more...

Update Update!

Well that was super fun! Don't ask too many questions though, and this film will tell you no lies. There were points where I tilted my head and said, "Whaaaaaa..." but I'm sure that was entirely on purpose since this film appears to have a healthy appreciation for how to make fun of itself.

More of a smart screamer than a wisecracking moaner, this movie is quick to the startling cringe binge - starting with the opening credits. One of the most gruesome opening credits I've ever seen, actually. Then on to normality for a moment as a substitute teacher starts his first day of teaching a wayward class of 4th graders for the summer.

Thing escalate quickly, very very quickly, as the wacky, ragtag team of teachers have to beat the living crap out of these kids in-order to survive. There's a part of me that thinks teachers may have been involved in the writing of this screenplay... this film employees some very dark comedy.

Fast, entertaining, witty and surprisingly gory, I highly recommend this one for a fun movie night with friends - or in my case - a (non-horror-movie-fan) spouse who was laughing out loud throughout the entire film. I dare say he may have liked it even more than I did, and I really liked it!

Pairs with chicken nuggets. Lots and lots of chicken nuggets (and chocolate milk).

I watched this film on Shudder or use the Find It. Watch It. links on Horror Habit's sidebar to locate where else you can find this gag-inducing side-tickler.

No comments:

Post a Comment