Sunday, October 29, 2017

Rabid (1977)

October Challenge: Day 28

Ah, you really can't go wrong with some David Cronenberg on a crisp Autumn afternoon (or evening, for that matter).

Since it's Saturday today, I enjoy taking care of projects around the home during the early afternoon. Often I turn on a horror movie to accompany me. Today's pick is Cronenberg's Rabid. And what a splendid pick it was.


I woman has a motorcycle accident, and in attempts to help her, an experimental plastic surgery clinic manages to turn her into a zombie. Things end badly for everyone.

This is a unique and startling zombie film, and I wouldn't expect anything less from this director. Things don't really get 'crazy' until much later in the film, so viewers (not familiar with this director's style) might either get bored or wonder when the zombie chaos will happen. Be patient my pretties.

With a startling amount of twists and turns, this one requires you pay close attention to at times and then go about your business at others, which is why I think it fit so well with the day.

Cold and calculating .... not unlike the motorcyclist ... this is a great film for a sunny Saturday afternoon, or a late night movie night. I highly recommend turning into a double feature night with Cronenberg's The Brood

Watch alone or in a small group, pair with popcorn and anything else that you can suck through a straw.

I watched this film on Showtime or use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's side bar to locate where else you can find this ghoulish creature feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment