Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Jaws 2 (1978)

October Challenge: Day 25

It was difficult to pull my attention away from our new, itty, bitty, kitten - but by the time I did it was already getting late and I had no idea what film to watch for the evening.

My Husband suggested Jaws 2, and after a bunch of "hhhhhmmmms" and "mmmmmms", I figured: what the hell, why not Jaws 2.


I always approach sequels with a bit of trepidation, and also generally take them with a grain of salt. Then, every once and a while, they surprise me. This film surprised me.

I was expecting more disappointment then entertainment. Thankfully I experienced very little disappointment and a shocking amount of entertainment. Cheesy? Sure, at times, but it's also full of the nerve-wracking tension that helped to make it's predecessor such a wild success.

The music is back, the beach is back, the amount of unconcerned citizens are back, and of course - the shark has zero f**** to give about any of it. The last half hour is fairly high anxiety (not like the original, but a healthy does is still present).

Overall, this is an entertaining film for a last minute movie pick on a Tuesday night. Simple, straight forward, a little predicable and a little wild.

Pairs with picnic food, beach blankets, cans of beer, and gather a small group for a pretty fun water ride. 

I watched this film on Showtime or use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's side bar to locate where else you can find this classic/not classic creature feature.  


No comments:

Post a Comment