Monday, October 23, 2017

Fright Night (1985)

October Challenge: Day 22

A day late in posting - to be expected about this time of the month. I end up getting too busy to both watch a film and write a review (which can sometimes take up as much time as seeing the film!).

In any case, by the time Sunday evening rolled around, I knew I wasn't going to get a written review in but I really, really, really wanted to watch something that screamed: a fun day deserves a fun, freaky, film for the evening.

I looked no further than Fright Night.


I hadn't seen in nearly 20 years and it just sounded perfect for the evening.

Folks, this film has it all: 

Great monsters!
Great effects!
Great story!
Funny!
Wrong!
A love story (in a way...)
A caring single parent - devoted friends (in a way...) - a horror host down on his luck - and a young man who's just looking out for the betterment of everyone.

This is a fun, fun, fun movie. Although it looks like it was remade in 2011 for some reason (I haven't seen that version yet) I'm standing by this classic in providing a really entertaining adventure for all*.

There are some downright creepy moments, and I have to hand it to the effects team - well done. Very well done.

*All is relative, of course.

Fantastic pick for a (garlic) pizza and popcorn movie night. Have plenty of apples handy, some shattered sticks of wood, and settle in for some laughs, screams, and feel-goods.

I watched this film on Crackle or use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's side bar to locate where else you can find this screamingly fun feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment