Wednesday, October 30, 2019

A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987)

October Challenge Day 30

I sat on this film for a while and didn't think I would get a chance to review it - but here I am on a late night on October 30th and with little chance to get a new movie in this evening - so I thought I would dedicate some time to a film that I hope is never forgotten.

Sequels are hard to really appreciate. Especially when they get to the third round, etc, like A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors. I get it, they often suck. That's why I wanted to give a special shout out to this one.


A Nightmare on Elm Street is my youth! Wearing over-sized cat imaged shirts, sitting on shag carpet in front of a large television that guarded pretty much the entire floor, late night Saturday nights when the parents were asleep - MY JAM!

That was not my experience with this film, however. I saw this one just a few months ago. Now I'm in my 40s and cynical of franchise films, I approached this one with apprehension and low expectations - imagine my surprise when I found this film *dare I say* better than the first? At the very least, a close second!

Bonus: One of the first films where we see Patricia Arquette (Love You So Much Gurl!). Call me.

Overall, this film still follows the children of murderous parents, but these children are not having it. At all. Nor should they. They kick ass, take names and  Nancy is back to help. This is a really fun film and deserves a view for all, and all generations. This is not your parents or grandchildren'ts 3rd film of a franchise.

Pairs with food recommended by your doctor and best watched with a few of your close friends. I watched this film on Shudder. Use the Find It! Watch It! links on Horror Habit's sidebar to locate where else you can find this surprise feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment