Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Boar (2017)

October Challenge Day 5

I'm going to make this short as I didn't exactly enjoy Boar.


So I'm going to jump right to what I did enjoy. The monster itself is pretty impressive!! 99% not CGI creature feature goodness! The 1% CGI was painful and made me sad. 

This story takes us to the Australian outback where a giant (GIANT) boar is suddenly roaming around and killing people. Oh yeah - I'm listening. There's no reason for this sudden boar either, it just is suddenly there and that's just really great.

Then it quickly dissolves into what felt like constant talk about sex, a painful (PAINFUL) amount of public displays of affection, and they threw in some casual 'good old fashioned' sexual assault in there. What started off feeling super fun and gortastic quickly began to feel like it was formed in a basement full of angry and confused teens. 

That is when Boar became a real bore. That said, I did notice the love that was put into it. Reflections of that shows particularly in the occasional and weirdly timed wit and, again, the creature effects.

Thankfully the kills scenes were pretty great, I dare say impressive. Overall, this is one that will probably not top my recommendation list, aside from someone asking me: "What movie did you not like but loved the monster". Then this one would be on the list. 

Pairs with warm light beer and food you've known about but never wanted to eat. 

I watched this on Shudder. Use the Find It. Watch It. links on Horror Habit's sidebar to locate where else you can find this creature feature that didn't speak to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment