Thursday, October 24, 2019

Black Holler (2017)

October Challenge Day 22

The Black Holler Twitter account reached out and alerted me to this mighty gem. The tag line: "Grody to the MAX!" won we over instantly.

They had me at "Grody".



It's the 1980s and a bunch of college students head out into the (haunted!) woods for a class assignment. Badass newbie, LaQuita Johnson, is forced to join this astoundingly ridiculous ragtag team of incredibly stupid white folks. 

I was ROLLING within minutes!

Here are just a two quotes (from the beginning of the film) that I had to rewind and watch again, I laughed so hard. There are so many more:

"I consider you my #2 because you're the shit."

"It's a very entertaining story, Mr. Stephens, but let's keep the fiction in women's studies. Mmmm, K?"

HAHAHA!

Satire and slapstick, seriousness and silliness - this film is a win! Do yourself a favor and sit back, chill, and enjoy the fun that is Black Holler.

Folks, I don't want to share much more, it's best experienced walking in blindly. Just know it's fun and delightfully weird.

Can be watched alone or with friends and pairs with beer and wine coolers. I watched this film on Amazon Prime. Use the Find it! Watch it! links on Horror Habit's side bar to locate where else you can find this hilarious feature.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this awesome review! So glad you liked it, and I appreciate you spreading the word!

    Your pal,
    Professor Thompson

    ReplyDelete