Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Joker (2019)

October Challenge Day 21

If you've been following my blog long enough, you'll notice that I categorize quite a few 'drama' or 'thriller' films as horror.

I do this for films that give me nightmares (because of the reality) or because of the intense, jaw-dropping, reaction I have to them. This one is both.

Let's send in the clowns!

:(

Joker


I've been fighting for the well-being of all since I was a wee child. It's part of my soul and person. So as someone who has always been interpersonally motivated to help anyone who struggles - whether these struggles are from economic, social, or behavioral burdens (which this film is all about) - this film crippled me.

Now here I am as an adult and unsurprisingly with a behavioral science degree and working in the realm of PTSD, I had to restrain myself while in the theater. This film screams injustice every which way from Wednesday.

Almost everyone knows the story of Batman's Joker. Or at least when Batman is involved. That is not this story. It's a background story about a man - who didn't have to be the Joker...

As I have been typing this up in a local cafe, I watched a smiling young male employee who is *different*, sweeping the floor and having great f*cking pride in it - as you should (dude even had a laugh and specific pride for dispensing ice for the bar) - when I legit watched a group of drunks make fun of him. He laughed and 'played along'. This drunk group moved on faster than my mouth was able to form words but it brought on the clogged-throat punchies in me. I'm a fighter for all but I have a serious stuttering problem when I can't believe the horribleness of what I'm seeing. I couldn't believe this was happening in front of my eyes - as I was typing this.

Don't be f*cking assholes, people. It's not hard. And that's my review. Well - more of a strange rant. Don't be an asshole in any form (financial, behavioral, etc.), and this film is amazing, and it also broke the heart.

Pairs with cold hard facts and hugs.

I watched this film in the theater. Use the Find It. Watch It. links on Horror Habit's side bar to locate where else you can find this mind-blowing feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment