Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Disturbing Behavior (1998)

October Challenge Day 9

Bust out those JNCO jeans and baby-doll shirts, we're going back to 1998!!!



As someone who graduated in 1997, this one hit me in all the best feels. I could almost smell the Calvin Klein perfume ... and was that Bush's Glycerine playing quietly in the background?

My younger brothers tend to make fun of how much I *got into* the '90s. I really got into the '90s, folks. Grunge was the best thing that ever happened to an angry teen, living in Seattle. 

And that is when my heart burst right open - when I saw that this film takes place in Washington (filmed in Canada, of course)!

I can't believe it's taken me over 20 years to finally see this film, but maybe I liked it more now that 20 years has passed. This movie is old enough to drink now.


Here we have a grieving family. They are taking the big step to move to a small town in the woods so as to escape the heartbreak of loosing a son.  Everyone is excited for the fresh start except their high school student son - reluctant and in need of counseling.

He falls into, of course, the interesting crowd who school him into the cliques of the school. There's one cliques in particular that is a little *too perfect* and alarmingly *too violent*.

Let the madness and mass violence begin!

This is a fun film, and especially nostalgic for you 1990's graduates. It's also surprisingly shocking, dark, and menacing. You know, the '90s.

Gather friends from high school for a movie night. Pairs with Bugles and Surge or Fruitopia. Be sure to have The Fly's Got You (Where I Want You) prepped on the stereo.

I watched this film on Hulu. Use the links on Horror Habit's sidebar to locate where else you can find this unique blinded by science slasher.

No comments:

Post a Comment