Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Train to Busan (2016)

October Challenge Day 12

This film apparently broke the box office in Korea, and it didn't take long for it to crush it world-wide.

It's taken me a while to catch the Train to Busan, but it was oh so worth the wait.


Two words: FAST ZOMBIES

Damn, I hate love fast zombies. They give me palpitations. I have to sit now for these movies. 

This film has so many fast zombies I had to take breaks. I watched it over a period of many hours on my TV and then on my phone - ironically, at home and then while on public transit... oh man, that just became really funny right now as I was typing this...

This movie does not give breaks, however. It's a nonstop madness bloodbath adventure. 

Here we have a young girl who just wants to see her mother for her birthday. Her work-focused divorced father reluctantly takes her on the train as a last minute birthday gift. 

MANIACAL BLOOD BATH OF ABSOLUTE CHAOS QUICKLY ENSUES

Great zombies, great characters, great intensity, great effects, and great super sweet story line - folks, this is a win in the zombie film world. 

However, it runs the fine line between being too scary for those who *don't really like horror films* and those who LOVE horror films. That could be part of the allure - it's not clear who the audience is for - it is just a great film. 

Gross, engaging, and with jaw-dropping effects: you can't go wrong spending some time with this ride. 

Best watched on a busy day and with one or two people. Pairs with snacks you'd bring with you on a day trip. 

I watched this film on Shudder. Use the links on Horror Habit's side bar to locate where else you can find this real screamer. 


2 comments:

  1. This was a huge surprise for me. Really fun movie--nothing beats a well done zombie flick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprised me too! And yes, in the entertainment world, few things beat a well done zombie flick!!

      Delete