Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Bones (2001)

I've been saving this one for a special occasion. I plucked this film off the Rain City Video shelf many times, held it close with joy, and then reluctantly put it back - knowing it had to wait until just the right time...that time is now.

That time is not tomorrow, Halloween, because I'm going to have people over and I wanted to keep this one all to myself. All To Myself! [slaps grab-grabby hands away].


I'm not even going to relay to you the many personal feelings I have for wanting to watch this film, Bones, I'm just going to share with you the words from the back of this DVD case - and then you'll understand why this movie must be watched:

"The time is 1979. Jimmy Bones (Snoop Dogg) is respected and loved as the neighborhood protector. When he is betrayed and brutally murdered by corrupt cop Lupovich (Michael T. Weiss), Bones' elegant brownstone becomes his tomb. Twenty-two years later, the neighborhood has become a ghetto and his home a gothic ruin. Four teens renovate it as an after hours nightclub, unknowingly releasing Jimmy's tortured spirit. It's thrills and chills as blood spills when Jimmy's ghost sets about its rightful revenge, his killers unaware of the gruesome fate that awaits them. With each new victim the terror mounts and Bones' vengeance spins out of control threatening everyone in his path, including his former lover Pearl (Pam Grier)."

YOU SEE!

If Snoop Dogg didn't already win you over then certainly Pam Grier did. If she didn't, because - perhaps you're suffering from a serious illness that should be checked out by a doctor, stat - then there is always Michael T. Weiss, who... well, I've not heard of him before but apparently he's been in quite a few things (e.g. Days of Our Lives, if that's your thang).

Ultimately, Snoop Dogg coming after people from the dead - THAT is a film worth watching.

I'll be watching this after I take my Mom out to dinner for her birthday. Happy Birthday, Mom!

Update:

Okay, I got home a little too late to watch all of Bones, but what I have seen so far I LOVE! It has met and exceeded expectations and I can't wait to see how it ends. Already the dialog is spicy, dicey, and snarky = excellent, exactly what I expected. The effects are great; they even surprised me...scared me a little bit too.

More to come, but I want to finish the whole film before I give you my whole review. So far: you need to see this film.

Update update:

Oh. My. Goodness. This movie is great! You can't not like this film, and I really don't have the words to explain How Awesome this movie is. It's like trying to explain how awesome your dinner is while your mouth of completely full of it. It will be added to my collection. It should be, at the very least added to your 'Yup, I've seen it' collection.

Suggested pairing: watch with friends who love a good party, eat party food.




No comments:

Post a Comment