Friday, October 12, 2012

Documenting The Grey Man (2011)

Incredibly busy today and tonight. I'll be lucky if I have enough time to make it through this next film, Documenting The Grey Man. It was so new at the movie store that they didn't even have it cataloged in their computer system when I plucked it off the shelf.


This created a little bit of a line for the other movie renters at the checkout counter (well, a Spanking Brand New Movie and me renting 7 other films - all with coupons in my pocket).

As the title suggests, it's documentary-like. Anticool.com said it is "A can't miss for fans of Ghost Hunters and other ghost investigator series". And I have to say, I'm a sucker for that stuff. I eat it up like a BBQ sandwich. I even wined up making a mess everywhere.

Suggested pairing: frozen pizza and beer.

Update:

Well, I didn't get through the film last night. I was only about 15 minutes in when I got too busy to finish it. Good news! I'll finish it today! More news in the next post.

Update Update:

Okay, so I appreciate the amount of time, money, and energy it takes to make a film - even a small independent film. I don't think I could do it, so I tip my hat to those who do.

That said, um. Yeah. I enjoyed the characters more when they were supposed to be playing characters rather than when they were supposed to be playing 'themselves'. As 'themselves', I cried a little from the pain. When they were performing as paranormal investigators, I was intrigued. Some elements were spooky.

It felt like I was watching one long YouTube video.

Recommended for people who like to make fun of Ghost Hunters and other ghost investigator series.

No comments:

Post a Comment