Monday, October 15, 2012

Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things (1973)

I've got a couple sewing projects that need to be completed.

What kind of horror movie would go well with sewing projects... let's see.. let's see - ah, yes - Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things, of course.


The back of the DVD case tells me that this movie is "From the Director of Black Christmas, Turk 182, A Christmas Story and Porky's". Which tells me that this movie is:
  1. rolled up in bacon (extra crispy)
  2. dipped in Surprise Sauce
  3. studied by archaeologists and found to be otherworldly
  4. the reason why unicorns no longer exist
  5. proof there are multiple gods fighting among each other
  6. a fine example of what happened to the 1970's
  7. Chuck Norris proof
  8. the answer to why socks are lost in the wash
  9. why your neighbor's home smells funny
  10. a new family favorite
  11. the fear you left the oven or iron on
  12. so much more - and I have just read the back of the DVD case!
Tonight's movie pairing: bagels and cream cheese, and cans of Pabst Blue Ribbon. I feel no need to explain myself.

Update:

Well, I learned a powerful lesson last night: don't try to sew while watching this movie, the distractions proved too great. Thankfully my sewing project can be repaired.

Also, because I'm smart, after giving up on the project I nestled into a nice cozy warm bed - exhausted - to finish the film. The movie watch time did not last long and Mr. Husband had to take my glasses off my snoring face.

Do not fear! I will finish the movie soon. From what I've seen so far, this is cult classic gold.

Update update!

Okay, it's taken me five days to watch this movie. The universe didn't seem to want me to finish it. I wasn't even sure I wanted to finish this film, and yet I really enjoyed it! It's campy, stock full of quotable quotes, awful/wonderful, and the characters are hilariously out of control. The sexism was difficult to digest, however. Highly recommended to watch with a good group of friends. If you watch it alone, you might fall asleep - as I did. Five times.

No comments:

Post a Comment