Sunday, October 28, 2012

Willard (2003)

I have a feeling that I'm not going to want to call tonight's film a Horror Movie. And yet... and yet, I think it totally qualifies.

I've seen Willard pop up from time to time, been very curious about it, but not curious enough to take time out of my busy/absurd/hilarious day to watch a story about a man and his rats.


That Said! I just noticed that this movie stars Crispin Glover. Suddenly, everything has changed. Like when someone invites you to a party and you're ho-hum about it until they say "...so and so will be there..." - now you're totally interested and it is the best thing ever.

That is what happened to me with this film.

In other totally unrelated but related because everything is related in one way or another news: watching horror movies can help you loose weight. You're welcome:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/9638876/Watching-horror-films-burns-nearly-200-calories-a-time.html

Tonight's pairing: home made french onion soup and home made glogg. It's a cold nasty night out there, I hope you keep warm everyone.

Update:

Hold on folks! The official update is coming soon (this evening)!

Update Update:

Willard! This is one of those delightfully horrific films where you want to cheer for the 'bad guy' - and then you're like, wait... who is the bad guy?

The character development in this film is: FAN-TASTIC and the cinematography is Wonderful! I really wished I could have seen this on the big screen. Although, maybe it's for the best that I didn't (bigger place, bigger rats?)

You get the heebeegeebees. You get some laughs. You get lots of  'No....Way....". You get sad. You get angry. You get confused at all the 'you gets'.

Great film. I'm going to buy it.

At the beginning of the film I turned to my Husband and said, "Maybe we should get a pet rat sometime". He shook his head (he's also seen the movie before). By the middle of the movie, I was thinking a pet rat would be a bad idea. By the end of the film I was itchy, concerned about living in a ground apartment, and fearful my canned goods could attract rats.

If you have a fear of rats then do not watch this film. If you're looking for a great new horror movie - watch this one, you're sure to enjoy it.

Suggested pairing: Ah....you might not want to eat anything during this movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment