Wednesday, October 21, 2015

It (1990)

October Challenge Day 21:

I'm a pretty avid reader - averaging between 70-80 books a year. I give myself little challenges every year and this year's challenge is to read all (and by that I mean as many as possible) books that have been turned into movies. Public Service Annoucment: My book tastes, unlike my movies, cover a wide variety of genres. I feel this is important for you to know.

I was trucking right along at my average book pace until I hit Stephen Kings': It.

That's when everything Slowed Way Down. I made the mistake of starting this book mid-year. Should have waited until December....


Now it's October and not only am I way behind on my yearly reading average, but the library fees I've accrued trying to read this massive novel is not something to just shake a stick at. I blame the intimidating size of this story (I prefer books under 400 pages), and the library fees.

Halfway through the book and nearly six months later, I'm still chipping away at it. Today though, today I walked into the movie store - saw this movie sitting there on the shelf - and was all like: "Screw It! I'm watching the movie now!"

Folks, I've never actually seen this film. I've seen bits and pieces! I know what it's about (mostly), but I've never sat down and watched it from top to bottom.

I'm looking forward to putting an end to this IT saga.

Also, since we're celebrating the 30th anniversary of Back To The Future today. AND we're celebrating the very day Back To The Future II went into the future. AND it's probably going to take me 30 years to read this novel.... AND the It creature comes out every 30 years (see where I'm going with this?!?!?!?!) I think this movie is going to be a perfect fit for the evening.

That said, I can already see into the future. 

This is a TV mini-series movie. This will be a long movie. Seeing as it's only two hours until my bed time - I have a feeling I will not make it to the end of the film tonight. The saga continues...

Wish me luck! See you after the show!



No comments:

Post a Comment