Friday, October 31, 2014

The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920)

This beloved classic silent film is a royalty in the horror movie kingdom. Dark, moody, strange, cerebral, twisted - all wrapped up in amazing cinematography and a rather mind-blowing ending, the original Cabinet of Dr. Caligari is a must see for horror and non horror fans alike.


I haven't even tried to watch any other version. I'm still busy thinking about this one! I doubt any other version can capture the real horror this story has to share. I'd like to hear if anyone else has seen another version that is better than this one.

Although this movie is technically family friendly, I doubt youngsters would understand what is happening here. This would be a great one for teens who are serious about film and theater, however!

This movie requires your full and upright attention at all times. So unless you're already familiar with this one or only want some background music while you tool around the house, then I would not recommend The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, for any other event except for a serious and focused audience.

Recommended pairing: Absinthe.


No comments:

Post a Comment