Monday, October 27, 2014

The Fearless Vampire Killers (1967)

FOUR MORE DAYS TO GO AND THEN HALLOWEEN!

Coincidentally, and with no purpose whatsoever, I have four movies in queue with titles that have also been brought into the music world.

It took two of us and nearly a week to put it all together.

I was the first to point out, "Hey... isn't this a song title as well?"

Mike was next, a couple days later, "... and wait, this one is also a song..."

And that's when Google piped in. Google has confirmed it! The title of every single film I have left to watch by Halloween is also a title of a song!

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?

Folks, this has never happened before and I am mildly amused by it.

After minor debate, we decided on The Fearless Vampire Killers for this evening:



As my Husband stated, "...it's a film by Roman Polanski and stars Sharon Tate - that's pretty scary."
True true. Actually, that makes it pretty creepy, in my opinion... historically speaking...

But, before I get this horror comedy on the road - let me present to you a song that shares this awesome title. One of Husband's very most favorite bands, Bad Brains, and their song " The Fearless Vampire Killers":


See you all after the show!

UPDATE

This is a very silly film. Cute, cheeky, slap-stick, bawdy and cozy. This is would be a fun little film to watch in the middle of the afternoon on a snow day.

I didn't laugh as much as I thought I would have, however. I chuckled. Chuckled myself right to sleep. Mike said that it was trying to achieve something ... not quite sure what it was ... and didn't quite make it... and then there we were, both of us - covered in blankets and limbs - snoring on the couch by 9:15.

But I agree with Mike. This film, by no means, is a bad film but it didn't quite hit a soft spot in my heart that I was expecting it to. Perhaps I should try this one again! In the middle of the afternoon! On a snow day!

Recommended pairing: Lots of cheese, hot coco or spiced warm wine.


No comments:

Post a Comment