Friday, October 31, 2014

The Haunting of Sarah Hardy (1989)

OH MAN

You GUYS! I totally forgot about this movie until today - while I was searching for something else.

I used to watch The Haunting of Sarah Hardy as a tween - all the time. Aaaaaannnnddd you've probably never heard of it.

I'm not sure what possessed me to watch this film over and over again at the time and then promptly forget about when I turned 15, but here we are, over 20 years later and it has suddenly fallen smack in the middle of my path again!

This little made-for-TV unrecognized classic is a fairly good film. Not great, but there is something very compelling about it if you're into ghostly dramas.


I recommend this film if you want to watch something spooky but nothing that will spook the pants off you. Also, if you like ghostly stories that may or may not have a ghost in it - this might be a good fit.

OR - if you just like to watch a movie that has big awesome mansions in it then this would be a good one.

That said! This is my review based on 12 year old me! I've not had a chance to re-watch it, so I might be totally off here...but I still recommend giving it a try all the same. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Recommended pairing: good vintage wine, caviar - anything fancy rich people might enjoy. Or microwave popcorn... that could work too...





No comments:

Post a Comment